5 Big Truths about SEO
SEO is a constantly evolving hurdle to tackle as a company. Making sure you have a good understanding of ways to win in the world of Search Engine Optimization is crucial. Here are some key points to consider when devising your SEO strategy.
- Across industries, companies get more organic traffic than paid traffic. However, Restaurants & Bars and other entertainment industries rely more on paid traffic than other industries. Many companies in these sectors receive almost 50% of their web traffic from paid ads.
- Average website authority scores, regardless of industry is between 30 and 40. Authority Score assesses your website quality based on the number of backlinks, outbound links, and referring domains, among other things. Websites scoring between 40-50 are considered “average,” 50-60 are “good,” and 60+ are “excellent.” These scores greatly impact search engine rankings.
- The highest level of keyword difficulty for target terms is found in the Public & Local Services Industry; the lowest is found in Beauty & Well-Being. Most content writers aim for keywords with low difficulty and high volume. Industries such as Shopping & Fashion, Sports, and Beauty & Well-Being have an easier time ranking for keywords.
- Over 75% of backlinks are text backlinks, regardless of industry. Image backlinks are the second most popular. You should utilize both to reach different segments of your audience.
- Across all industries, companies targeted informational intent keywords, but the bulk of traffic came from a mix of intent keywords. These tend to gather users who are just beginning to shop around and research. The next highest intent was transactional, users who are ready to purchase.
Get ready to approach your SEO strategy from all sides, continuously analyze to find gaps you could fill, and adjust, adjust, adjust along the way!