If you’re looking for an easy way to improve your search engine optimization then you should start blogging or blogging more. It improves your SEO tremendously in such a simple way. Here’s a quick rundown of how it works and what you can do in your blogs to help SEO:
Google sends out “spiders” that will “crawl” your website. These spiders collect information and review your site on 100 pre-determined criteria that all contribute to SEO. Among this criteria is the Google Freshness Update that searches for recent updates to your website. So instead of updating your website content frequently you can write a blog once a week and get your website crawled more often. The more blogs and “fresh” content the more crawls your site gets and the more crawls your site gets the better SEO you’ll have.
Google also uses socialization as a contributor to the ranking algorithm. This means that if you get more readers to share your blog posts on their social networking sites the more socialization you’ll get in the algorithm.
It is important to get readers to share your posts. You want readers to be confident enough in your content that they are willing to share with their followers. Every share you get will increase socialization thus improving SEO a little bit more.
Here is what you need to do within your blog posts to improve your SEO:
• Write out a title that has 70 characters or less that features keywords that will be throughout your post.
• Have your blogs contain 300 words.
• Use pre-determined keywords throughout your post.
• Try to insert an image into every blog post if possible.
• Include links to other blog postings or pages from your own site. This will help search engines better understand your website and gets viewers to visit other pages.
• Set-up social sharing buttons so others can share your posts on social media.
For more information on improving SEO throughout the rest of your website read another one of our blog posts here.
Crux Creative is a woman-owned and certified, passionate, experience-driven, “let’s-go-for-it” kind of agency headquartered in Lake Geneva. Companies reach out to Crux when they need a multidisciplinary approach to producing design and marketing solutions and are eager for design work that is bold and effective.